Pages

Monday 9 August 2021

The great depression

 Hi readers, today I'm going to write with a question about the great depression of Germany I think.

  • Why was Germany hit the hardest during the depression? In Germany I think it suffered more and the great depression caused the economy to collapse. It began after the stock market crash of October 1929, which sent Wall Street into a panic and wiped out millions of investors. Over the next several years, consumer spending and investment dropped, causing steep declines in industrial output and employment as failing companies laid off  workers. Germany was required to pay all it’s loans back to USA causing Germany to be

worse than the other countries.  


  • Explain what Germany had to agree to by signing the Treaty of Versailles? The German Government had agreed to sign the Treaty of Versailles in June 1919 to make peace. Enemies of the government used the treaty to claim that it had 'stabbed Germany in the back' by ending the war.The Versailles Treaty forced Germany to give up territory to Belgium, Czechoslovakia and Poland, return Alsace and Lorraine to France and cede all of its overseas colonies in China, Pacific and Africa to the Allied nations.




  • How was NZ affected by the depression?

For New Zealand 3as for most of the world outside Russia, the great depression of the early 1930s was the most shattering economic experience ever recorded. Exports fell by 45 percent in two years, national income by 40 percent in three.




No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.